15 December 2009

At least it's like Christmas in my house. . .


It's hard to be in the holiday spirit when the thermometer reads 74. Seriously. It's supposed to get cold again tomorrow but today I could have gone out of my house with naked toes. I didn't on general principal. I made a rule this year of no flip flops after Oct 1. I've only broken it once. (Thanks Andrew Bird!) Anyway, with all of the non-seasonal weather, I'm clinging to my few Christmas decorations to keep me in the spirit. And I got a new sweet one this year. Lots of years ago, my darling mom made the cute snowlady above. She's one of my very favourite decorations and it wouldn't feel like Christmas without her now. But she was lonely and needed a friend so this year I bought her a buddy on etsy. I think they're very sweet together.

And of course, the puppies. I had these made last year from a wonderful etsy shop. The seller already had the dachshunds made so I sent her a few pictures of Roscoe and she made up a little ornament for me that looks just like him. And she gave Olive a little black stripe on her back. Love them. Love them puppies too.
Not much else to say but I hope all of your hustles and bustles at this time of year are merry ones!
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment