24 January 2010

2010 finished project #1

I finally finished my bunny quilt this week. It was put on hold so that I could get mom's quilt ready before Christmas. I LOVE it. It turned out exactly the way I imagined it in my head and I couldn't be happier. It even puckered in the wash the right amount. (I sent pictures to my quilting teacher and she said that it was a quilt made by "an experienced and proper quilter". HA!! Success!)
Here's the front of it all finished. Thanks to Diane (love you Di!) and her shoes for modeling the quilt for me. And the back -
I have plans for at least four more quilts this year. And that doesn't even count all of the other projects I want to do. I've got two projects on the knitting needles now - a pair of long fingerless gloves and a curtain for my kitchen. Oh - and two blankets that are my longstanding works in progress. On top of all that my evil best oldest friend Karin was just in town and now I've been bitten by the crochet bug and I'm pining for a granny square blanket, but a cool one. Like this. (Should I be worried that when I searched for this pattern that it is described as a "journey for the crocheter"?? Will I never learn?)
xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment