13 February 2010

WINTER STORM 2010!! . . .

. . . South Carolina style. This was the scene last night on the island. We got what most of the country would call a light dusting but grocery stores here were selling out of milk, bread and toilet paper and the news was all about the storm. It made for some slick steps but it really was no big deal. Very pretty. And by 11am today, most of it was gone. It's hard to tell but those are my little dogs in the upper right standing next to the rocking chairs. Oddly - for dogs who don't like to go out in the rain - they seemed to be intrigued by the snow. Roscoe even thought it was fun to eat. And here's my cute little car. I'm not sure if you can pick him out since he's so covered over with snow. . .

The other big excitement in my life this week was that I attended my first Quilt Guild meeting as a member. Which meant that I felt like I could participate in show and tell. You write a little blurb about your quilt explaining who pieced it and who quilted it and anything else you want to say. When the announcer read that it was my first quilt, the women in the audience hooted and clapped. One woman came over to talk to me and asked if it was really my first quilt (and it sorta was since I had the front and back assembled before I did Mom's quilt) and when I told her yes, she hugged me and said that I was going to be around for a long time. YES!! Success! And so with tears of pride in my eyes, I walked over to the volunteer table and signed up for two shifts at the quilt show. I'm a sucker. And my allegiance is easily bought. . .

(I'm the blur walking in front to retrieve my quilt on the other side.)
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment